Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tudor Rose - Work in Progress- Real Size Needlework


Today's post is about my real size needlework I am working on in between routine in my miniature life - Tudor Rose, Goldwork.

As I've told before, I am taking a workshop by Tricia Wilson Nguyen - "Tudor Rose" Goldwork - this course is a project to explore the use of composite gold and silk detached stitches.

I have finished the leaves and started working on the petals of the rose. I am not rushing it and really, really am enjoining the process.


Happy stitching and miniaturing (I know it is not even a word, but I like it)!
Natalia

10 comments:

Lili56 said...

Un magnifique début
Amitiés, Lili

Mini Addictions said...

I love the gold & imagine it is not easy to work with. Beautiful job so far, Natalia!

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Your new project looks exciting. I understand that one can learn to sew small cross stitch. But now you are about to sew and fill the fabric with small special stitches.
It must be so difficult, I can not sew small fine stitch by hand, they get not the same. This is so beautiful this one Natalie. You are already a master. Enjoy.
Hugs
Wyrna

Unknown said...

I already love this piece and I'm so looking forward to see it completed....gold and silk...I think it will come out as a luxury piece. You are so good Natalia that I can't imagine you having to learn even more. Enjoy your course and enjoy making the piece. Big hugs!!

SusK said...

Hello Natalia,

That is so impressive and beautiful. You are so very talented both in miniature stitching and full scale.

Susan

BiWuBär said...

Beautiful as everything you do - the metal effects look stunning in this design.

Hugs
Birgit

Ilona said...

It looks beautiful so far, Natalia. I think that the silver and golden embroidery threads are not easy to wrok with?
Hugs, Ilona

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Hi everyone!
Thank you very much for your comments! Yes, it is difficult to work with silver or gold metal thread, but practice does it! I like the feeling of combined stitches and effect they give - unfortunately you can't see it and feel it from the picture (I mean texture). Everyone, have a nice and productive weekend! Mini hugs, Natalia

Isabel Ruiz said...

¡Qué bordado mas bonito!Me gusta como está quedando la flor

12Create said...

It is lovely. It is going to look so amazing when it is finished.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...