Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point KAZAK Rug - Work in Progress


Here is my new update on a Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point Kazak rug in 1/12th scale. Little reminder: 49 count silk gauze, Gloriana silk floss.


Somebody might not like me bringing too much of red color in the field of the rug. First, I yelled at myself too, but then I started liking it more, probably adjusted. Frankly speaking, the red color I used for the border was over and, since our the only one local needlework store in the city was closed last summer, I was forced to buy silk floss on-line. I ordered the same number, the same name. However, it arrived brighter than I used to have.



I planned to finish this rug last month. Hopefully, I will have more time to finish it in November, or let's say this year. I have already stitched 2014 on the rug - the year it has to be finished.



Happy day!
Natalia

9 comments:

12Create said...

I really like the design of this rug and I love the red.

mcddiss said...

es una preciosidad de trabajo y los colores que has elegido son fantasticos

besitos

Mari

Unknown said...

I love the red,I think it brings out the design, fantastic work as usual

C said...

I like the red colour and I love your skill. This rug looks perfect.

Ilona said...

This rug is so beautiful, I know I always write the same on your blog, but I really mean it: I admire your embroidery work very much ;)! If you look at the last picture I can imagine there is lying a real rug on the floor, it is such a beautiful sight!
I also have some projects which have to be finished this year, but sadly I think I also don't succeed, ah well, we'll see we still have to go one and a half month in this year ;O!
Hugs, Ilona

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Most oriental rugs have dye lot variations in them, so this looks normal to me. I hope you decide you like the new, brighter red as I love it!

Fabiola said...

Beautiful design.

Isabel Ruiz said...

Es preciosa y te queda muy poquito para terminar.

elizabeth s said...

Hi Natalia! I too like the red A LOT!!! I think that it enhances the other colors and really makes the design stand out! The craftsmanship is exquisite! This rug is a real beauty so thank you for sharing this update on it. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...